I’m now starting my own group at the newly established Westlake Instititue for Advanced Study (WIAS) in Hangzhou, China, and actively seeking multiple postdoctoral fellows, PhD students, research assistants, and system adminstrator. Anyone who is interested in working with me on protein-protein interaction, protein-nucleic acid interaction, and force field development, is welcome to contact me. WIAS provides world-class research environment and competitive salary.
I’m a computational chemist with solid background in physics, chemistry, biology, and pharmaceutical science. I develop force fields - the underlying potential energy surfaces for molecular modeling and simulations - by leveraging my expertise in parametrization, statistical mechanics, convex optimization and machine learning. My major scientific goal is to fundamentally improve the explanatory and predictive power of computer simulation methods.
Education and Training
‣ Postdoc in Computer-Aided Drug Design center, School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland Baltimore, 2012 - 2017
with Prof. Alex MacKerell
‣ Postdoc in Laboratory of Computational Biology at the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 2015 - 2017
with Dr. Bernie Brooks
‣ Ph.D. in Chemistry (summa cum laude), University of Basel, 2007 - 2011
with Prof. Markus Meuwly
‣ M.S. in Physics, Tsinghua University, 2005 - 2007
with Prof. Guozhen Wu
‣ B.S. in Physics, Tsinghua University, 2001 - 2005